“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” – Proverbs 17:17
Do you have so many friends you can’t keep them all straight? Is keeping up with everyone around you becoming a burden?
Could you use a little less drama from some of your more needy peers? Are there too many dog-filter selfies on you Instagram feed? Well, we have the solution for you … LOSE THEM!
I this series we will look at three key features of successful friendships. This week, we will look at Being Present for our friends. We have got to be present for our friends physically, mentally, and emotionally in order to have Christ-like relationships.
1. When was the first time (that you can remember) that you were betrayed by a friend?
2. How does it feel when someone pushes you to the side in a relationship? What message does it send?
3. What are the different types of ways someone can be absent in a friendship?
4. In what ways are you guilty of not being a committed friend?
5. What specific changes do you need to make toward which friends in order to be “a friend at all times”?